Individual Retirement Accounts
Golf course, time spent with grandkids, fishing trips—it doesn't matter what your perfect retirement entails, as long as it doesn't include financial stress. At Legence Bank, we help our customers get started early for the full retirement they deserve.
We offer Traditional and Roth IRAs, each with specific tax advantages. Enjoy consistent, competitive interest, higher than regular savings. There's nothing to lose, but so much to gain. Get on track toward a fulfilling retirement by getting started today.
- Tax-advantaged retirement savings*
- Competitive interest above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup fees
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- $5,500 contribution limit per year
- Additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution allowed for ages 50+
- Funds can be used to purchase CDs within IRA
- $500 minimum deposit to open
*Consult a tax advisor.
- Traditional vs. Roth
There are advantages to both traditional and Roth IRAs. One of the biggest differences is the time at which you see the most advantage. A traditional IRA provides potential tax relief today, while a Roth IRA has the potential for the most tax benefit at time of retirement.
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution requirement
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70½
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA***
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal*
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty*
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals on interest subject to penalty**
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
*Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
***Consult a tax advisor.