Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are equal opportunity providers and employers.
About Our Hiring Process:
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are financial institutions with a structured hiring process. Our corporate office is located at 1200 US Highway 45 in Eldorado IL. Whenever we accept applications outside of the bank, we advertise in local newspapers and through online websites. We may post at universities and job placement offices. Jobs are posted on our website as well.
We will advertise a date for application screening to begin and will accept applications until the position is filled. Once the screening deadline has passed, management staff will begin reviewing applications for qualifications and experience and select candidates for interviews. When interviews, reference checks, and in some cases, job-related skills testing occurs, a recommendation regarding hiring the candidate best suited to the position is made to the CEO. Once a vacancy has been filled, the status of the opening will be noted on our website and no further action will be taken on other submitted applications.
The Application Process:
- To apply for a job, you must submit an up-to-date resume.
- Applicants for employment are also invited to participate in the company's Affirmative Action Program by voluntarily reporting their status as disabled, protected veteran, or other minority. In extending this invitation, you are also advised that: (a) workers (applicants) are under no obligation to respond, but may do so in the future if they choose; (b) responses will remain confidential within the Human Resources Department; and (c) responses will be used only for the necessary information to include our Affirmative Action Program. We are a company that values diversity. We actively encourage the disabled, protected veterans, women and minorities to apply. Refusal to provide this information will have no bearing on your application and will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
- We only accept applications for employment when there is a current job opening.
- You must provide a minimum of two professional/employment references.
- Once a vacancy is filled - the status of the job opening will be updated on our website.
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services participate in E-Verify in order to comply with federal law dealing with the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. For your convenience we have provided copies of the E-Verify Notice in English, E-Verify Notice in Spanish, the Right to Work poster in English and the Right to Work poster in Spanish.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Status of Recent Vacancies:
Mortgage Loan Officer – Evansville IN branch
The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for developing new business, underwriting, structuring, and the closing of mortgages, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. Evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of real estate loans. Advise borrowers on financial status and methods of payments.
Essential Functions/ Key Responsibilities:
Reasonable Accommodations Statement To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of bank products, services, policies and procedures.
- Utilizes sales management training and tools to identify and refer current and prospective clients.
- Effectively partners with other team members and departments to deliver the full complement of Legence Bank products and services.
- Manages relationships to increase cross-sell and maintain high customer retention. Cross-sell all applicable products and services to an existing portfolio of customers with the goal of being that customer’s lead or primary bank.
- Work closely with assigned area Branch Managers and Loan Team to deepen existing relationships and acquire new prospective relationships.
- Prospect for clients independently by utilizing referral sources, existing customers, Top 100 and centers of influence.
- Originate investment quality mortgage loans (FHA, VA, conventional, non-Conforming) by selling mortgage lending products and services.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills, providing an environment of open and authentic communication.
- Adhere to all Legence Bank and AFMFS Hoopla standards, serving as an example to other team members, as well as to our customers.
- Represent and promote the Company within the community through participation in bank sponsored events, philanthropic opportunities and civic events.
- All other duties as assigned
Position Qualifications: Competency Statement(s):
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to all aspects of a project or task.
- Adaptability – Ability to fit into changing working environments and adapt to procedural and organizational changes.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to act to ensure focus on tasks and objectives in accordance with clear expectations and goals.
- Relationship Building – Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and team members.
- Organized – Organization skills aiding in a neat and disciplined work style.
- Accountability – Willing to accept responsibility for self and all direct reports in regards to all functions within the branch.
- Communication –Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer Oriented – The desire to serve both external and internal customers by focusing effort on meeting the customer’s needs, understanding their concerns, and conducting yourself in a manner which encourages trust.
- Decision Making – Ability to assess situations and determine an effective and compliant outcome.
- Financial Aptitude – Conducting oneself financially in a manner that adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible – Ability to be trustworthy or answerable for your conduct.
- Tactful – Ability to show consideration and avoid giving offense in dealing with others.
- Time Management – Effectively utilizes available time for completion of necessary job tasks.
- Working Under Pressure – The ability to maintain composure when exposed to stress.
Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 Year Experience in a Financial Setting Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to Quickly Learn New Software
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must Obtain NMLS Status Within 60 Days Upon Hiring
Credit Analyst – Corporate facility in Eldorado IL
The Credit Analyst is responsible for the risk assessment of commercial and agricultural loans that are originated by Legence Bank and AFMFS. The Credit Analyst will complete financial analysis, industry research and forecasting in order to successfully underwrite complex commercial and agricultural loans across a multitude of sectors and industries.
- Exhibit excellent understanding of financial balance sheets, income statements and tax returns
- Responsible for preparing credit memos, narratives and financial analysis packages of commercial and agricultural credits
- Analyze loan requests that can be upwards of $5 million in size quickly and effectively
- Responsible for mitigating credit risk in the structuring of loans
- Coordinate efforts with senior management, business development officers and agents of Legence Bank and AFMFS
- Present prepared credit packages to the bank loan committee for approval
- Maintain proficiency in utilizing the company’s web based underwriting platform
- Gain knowledge in the guidelines, procedures and policies of government guaranteed (Small Business Administration & Farm Service Agency) and Farmer Mac loan programs
- Effectively represent the bank and maintain customer relationships through calls and visits
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the company’s policies, procedures and processes
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, exudes confident communication skills
- Quality management - the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Planning/organization - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Safety and security - the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or on track to finish within a semester) preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations and exhibit strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Computer literate - proficient in Excel and Word documents
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- High degree of accuracy and detail oriented
- Demonstrates aptitude for continuous learning and innovative thinking
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to travel when needed
- Valid driver’s license required
COMMUNITY BANK PRESIDENT – Evansville IN
Are you looking for an exceptional growth opportunity with high income potential? Do you enjoy working with Presidents, Owners and Controllers of small businesses? Are you credible and do you build trust quickly with people? Do you thrive on being a trusted resource for your clients? If this is you, then please read further to see if this is the position you want to apply.
- You excel at building credibility and trust with business owners. They talk openly with you about their business, their goals and their challenges.
- You must listen well, and you must be skilled at having business conversations with clients and prospective clients. You ask good questions about their business, and you provide good ideas to help your customers solve problems and achieve their goals.
- You become a member of your customers’ advisory team. Your mindset is to do more than respond to customer requests. You understand the customer’s challenges so well that you learn what the customer really needs, and your solution meets what they really need instead of what they want.
- You get referrals and introductions from clients and from business associates you network with regularly. When referrals don’t keep your pipeline full, you hunt for new opportunities.
- You are competitive, and you love winning new customers and helping them grow.
- You prefer to sell value over price, and you have sold higher value services successfully.
- You must have at least 7+ years of successful experience selling high end loan services to Presidents and Owners of small businesses in the Evansville IN market.
- You must have a strong desire and commitment to solve the customer’s real problems.
- You must be trainable and coachable.
- You need to be willing to be out of the office at least 40% of the time.
REQUIRED BANKING EXPERIENCE:
- You have developed, grown and serviced a highly profitable large loan portfolio of $30 million or higher.
- Commercial and Commercial R.E. loans
- SBA loans
- Agricultural and Agricultural R.E. loans
- You are a self-starter who is highly motivated and works well with little to no experience.
- You have excellent problem solving skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Previous management experience is a definite bonus.
- Employees say Legence Bank is a fun work environment.
- Helping and serving our customers and employees is very important to us.
- Giving back to the community is important to us.
- You will receive excellent training and coaching on how to be consultative and sell value. Mastering these skills will give you a significant advantage over your competitors.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the local branch growth opportunities and personnel.
Email your resume to: Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS and will not discriminate in any employment practices and will assure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by Federal and/or state laws.
Any questions - please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.