Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are equal opportunity providers and employers.
About our hiring process
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are financial institutions with a structured hiring process. Our corporate office is located at 1200 US Highway 45 in Eldorado IL. Whenever we accept applications outside of the bank, we advertise in local newspapers and through online websites. We may post at universities and job placement offices. Jobs are posted on our website as well.
We will advertise a date for application screening to begin and will accept applications until the position is filled. Once the screening deadline has passed, management staff will begin reviewing applications for qualifications and experience and select candidates for interviews. When interviews, reference checks, and in some cases, job-related skills testing occurs, a recommendation regarding hiring the candidate best suited to the position is made to the CEO. Once a vacancy has been filled, the status of the opening will be noted on our website and no further action will be taken on other submitted applications.
The Application Process:
- To apply for a job, you must submit an up-to-date resume.
- Applicants for employment are also invited to participate in the company's Affirmative Action Program by voluntarily reporting their status as disabled, protected veteran, or other minority. In extending this invitation, you are also advised that: (a) workers (applicants) are under no obligation to respond, but may do so in the future if they choose; (b) responses will remain confidential within the Human Resources Department; and (c) responses will be used only for the necessary information to include our Affirmative Action Program. We are a company that values diversity. We actively encourage the disabled, protected veterans, women and minorities to apply. Refusal to provide this information will have no bearing on your application and will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
- We only accept applications for employment when there is a current job opening.
- You must provide a minimum of two professional/employment references.
- Once a vacancy is filled - the status of the job opening will be updated on our website.
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services participate in E-Verify in order to comply with federal law dealing with the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. For your convenience we have provided copies of the E-Verify Notice in English, E-Verify Notice in Spanish, the Right to Work poster in English and the Right to Work poster in Spanish.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
STATUS OF RECENT VACANCIES:
This position is responsible for day-to-day management of legislative affairs, policy development and legal compliance for the bank. To ensure the bank and its employees are in compliance with all regulations and guidelines according to federal, state and banking laws. Assist the Risk Manager with BSA and other duties that involve potential risks for the bank.
- Serve as the bank's legislative representative by keeping abreast of all current political issues and proposals, communicating our position to our legislators and obtaining their support
- Assure bank policies are accurate, current and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Review and update policies as laws change
- Interpret and disseminate information on regulatory matters
- Communicate current state of legislative issues to Management and Board recommending the bank's position
- Develop and update compliance issues in manuals, as needed as well as maintain and update all bank policies
- Seek out and enroll employee's in beneficial training
- Develop and maintain the bank's compliance training program to ensure appropriate training is provided to all employees. Develop a training curriculum to ensure all training requirements are fulfilled through both computer-based and live training. Maintain and track Bank employees training attendance.
- Ensure compliance with all established policies and procedures
- Maintain all posters and notifications that need to be placed in each location
- Responsible for audit functions of the bank
- Review audit schedules to ensure that each area of the bank is audited timely; initiates spot audits when necessary
- Ensures that audit procedures for automated systems are developed, including internal computer checks and balances as required
- Oversees the coordination of the internal audit program with outside examiners and auditors
- Complete Board Reports
- Assist in developing policies and procedures for all required by the bank
- Complete and file various bank reports on a quarterly basis
- Participate in training seminars in Compliance areas
- Must be willing to learn and have the ability to train employees in other job functions
- Support management with development and rollout of initiatives impacting the Bank
- Perform as the back-up to the VP of Risk Management
- Perform all other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree required with at least 5 years of banking and/or auditing experience
- Excellent employee service skills. Use tact and diplomacy to deal with employees
- Good mathematical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of banking operations and a general knowledge of all aspects of a bank
- In-depth knowledge of all bank deposit products and policies
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to handle stressful situations and perform several tasks simultaneously
- High degree of accuracy and very detail oriented
- Organizational skills
- Successful completion of in-house training programs
- Knowledge of various federal regulations
- Proficient computer skills which include working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Valid driver's license required
This position is a non-exempt hourly position. This job description should not be viewed or inferred as a legal or binding contract. We are an at-will employer in an at-will state and will abide by such laws.
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS and will not discriminate in any employment practices and will assure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by Federal and/or state laws. Any questions - please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.