Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are equal opportunity providers and employers.
About our hiring process
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are financial institutions with a structured hiring process. Our corporate office is located at 1200 US Highway 45 in Eldorado IL. Whenever we accept applications outside of the bank, we advertise in local newspapers and through online websites. We may post at universities and job placement offices. Jobs are posted on our website as well.
We will advertise a date for application screening to begin and will accept applications until the position is filled. Once the screening deadline has passed, management staff will begin reviewing applications for qualifications and experience and select candidates for interviews. When interviews, reference checks, and in some cases, job-related skills testing occurs, a recommendation regarding hiring the candidate best suited to the position is made to the CEO. Once a vacancy has been filled, the status of the opening will be noted on our website and no further action will be taken on other submitted applications.
The Application Process:
- To apply for a job, you must submit an up-to-date resume.
- Applicants for employment are also invited to participate in the company's Affirmative Action Program by voluntarily reporting their status as disabled, protected veteran, or other minority. In extending this invitation, you are also advised that: (a) workers (applicants) are under no obligation to respond, but may do so in the future if they choose; (b) responses will remain confidential within the Human Resources Department; and (c) responses will be used only for the necessary information to include our Affirmative Action Program. We are a company that values diversity. We actively encourage the disabled, protected veterans, women and minorities to apply. Refusal to provide this information will have no bearing on your application and will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
- We only accept applications for employment when there is a current job opening.
- You must provide a minimum of two professional/employment references.
- Once a vacancy is filled - the status of the job opening will be updated on our website.
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services participate in E-Verify in order to comply with federal law dealing with the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. For your convenience we have provided copies of the E-Verify Notice in English, E-Verify Notice in Spanish, the Right to Work poster in English and the Right to Work poster in Spanish.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
STATUS OF RECENT VACANCIES:
Located at the Legence Bank Shawneetown IL Branch
The Branch Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations of the branch. They maintain continuous communication between staff and executive management. They provide support, guidance and training to staff. They embody the culture and are a leading example to their team. They will perform all their duties at a professional level with responsibilities in the following areas but not limited those key responsibilities outlined below:
• Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of teller and customer service representative duties and may have to perform these duties as necessary
• Provide ongoing training to staff in regard to operations, policies and professional development
• Supervise and motivate branch staff in an effort to maintain optimal customer service levels
• Schedule staff accordingly and presents monthly schedules in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain communication between the branch and management by preparing and facilitating weekly branch meetings, as well as sharing information with branch staff in a timely and direct manner
• Maintain knowledge of Legence Bank products and services in order to efficiently train staff and make proper recommendations to customers
• Attend scheduled sales and manager meetings, as well as scheduled training sessions
• Set a standard for healthy communication within the branch
• Foster a positive, developmental and results-focused atmosphere. Coach staff to fulfill strategic planning goals.
• Maintain control over audit procedures to ensure compliance with branch, assuring compliance with federal laws and regulations
• Perform monthly audits in a professional, accurate, and timely manner. Forward any findings to designated personnel.
• Manage the safety and security of the branch, conducting monthly audits to assure compliance with security policies and procedures
• Monitor location activity, including but not limited to, number of transactions, sales volume, average traffic, etc.
• Evaluate branch staff's performance by preparing annual review and performing regular coaching sessions within the branch. Proactively work with HR to assure compliance and proper coaching is established.
• Monitor and complete all time sheets for employees. Maintain responsibility for approving time off requests and making sure the branch is adequately covered at all times.
• Represent and promote Legence Bank within the community and coordinate the branch's events
• All other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• At least 1 year of Management or Supervisory experience required
• At least 3 years of current banking knowledge and experience, including Teller and CSR required
• Ability to convey a genuine, trustworthy, and honest image
• Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to quickly learn software products.
• Independent, self-starter, and quick learner
• Possess great organizational skills with problem solving abilities, be an analytical thinker, show excellent written and interpersonal skills and exude an "above and beyond" mentality
• Able to work under stress and complete work with a high level of detail
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely and accurate manner
• Valid Driver's License
This position is an exempt salary position. This job description should not be viewed or inferred as a legal or binding contract. We are an at-will employer in an at-will state and will abide by such law.
Please submit resumes as follows:
Attn: Human Resources
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 569
Eldorado IL 62930
Legence Bank and American Farm Mortgage & Financial Services are EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS and will not discriminate in any employment practices and will assure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by Federal and/or state laws. Any questions - please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.